Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Today in widely published jackoffery

Oh LaBUTE.

I always thought this guy got a little too much credit. It is now clear that he's an actual blithering idiot. I have never seen so much rank ignorance of racism, America, theatrical practice, audience response and opera casting policies displayed in one place, and with such unabashed, pajocky pride. Seriously, an all-white version of "A Raisin in the Sun?" Labute says "I promise you, we'll be doing it not to be provocative but because it's a terrific American play." Too funny.

Possibly he's a brilliant parodist on the lines of Stephen "I don't see color" Colbert. I somehow doubt it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I acquiesce in but I about the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home