Thursday, February 23, 2006

Feather pants! Feather pants! Feather pants!

Last night was the big shiny manly "Swan Lake" at the big shiny Cadillac Palace, a theatre which so wonderfully embodies its name that I don't have to describe it. Swan Lake is a marvellous show because:
a. russian ballet music
b. shirtless men in feathery pants having gay tension all over the place. Swan-studs!

However, it was a bit of a cautionary tale about remembering to eat before shows. The first half of act one filled me with delight, but the second half, the magical swan-communing half, seemed very long. I can't tell if there was some flaw in that part, or if it was just how badly I wanted to get to the snack bar. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt, because I loved the parts of the show for which I was not starving.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this the Matthew Bourne production? Because his "Edward Scissorhands" is currently playing all round Britain. People, if you can get tickets, you should go see!

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We viewed a Swanlake production on Sky Performance with men only performing in feathers so much like to get a copy of this or see it live in Britain . Is this the same company ? Can someone help me with information ?
Thora Angell

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home